from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A railroad locomotive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A steam railroad locomotive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a locomotive.
- adj. a locomotive engine.
- n. A locomotive; -- an term no longer used.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (c. 1840) an early term for a locomotive
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.