from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A housing in a machine enclosing a journal and its bearings.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the carrier of a journal; the box in which the journal of a shaft, axle, or pin turns.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In machinery: The bearings about a journal.
- n. A cast-iron box which contains a car-axle journal, together with the journal-bearing and key, and the oil-packing with which the journal is lubricated. Also called housing-box.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. metal housing for a journal bearing
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.