from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A commissioned officer in the US Army, Air Force, or Navy assigned to the Judge Advocate General's Corps.
- noun A staff officer serving as legal adviser to a commander.
- noun An officer acting as prosecutor at a court-martial.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun See
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun US A
commissioned officeracting as a lawyerto advise a court martialon points of lawor to act as prosecutor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun an officer assigned to the judge advocate general
- noun a staff officer serving as legal adviser to a military commander
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.