from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A name applied to a number of other, unrelated fishes living among the kelp, as rock-fish is applied to those living in rocky places.
- noun A blennioid fish, Heterostichus rostratus.
- noun A labroid fish, Platyglossus semicinctus, with 9 dorsal spines, and of a greenish-brown color with bright reflections. It is common southward along the Lower Californian coast.
- noun Any fish of the family Ditremidæ, found on the west coast of the United States.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Zoöl.) A small California food fish (
Heterostichus rostratus), living among kelp. The name is also applied to species of the genus Platyglossus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
perciform fishin the familyChironemidae, native to coastal Australiaand New Zealand.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
kelp + fish
Sorry, no example sentences found.