from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To produce keratin or become like keratin.
- transitive v. To convert (something) into keratin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To convert into keratin
- v. To take on the appearance of keratin, or become impregnated with keratin
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as ceratinize.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. become horny and impregnated with keratin
- v. convert into keratin
Sorry, no etymologies found.
 As the cells in the three regions begin to keratinize and harden, they are integrated into the dead (keratinized) portion of the hair fiber; new hair cells in the hair bulb region push the dead shaft upwards towards the skin's surface.