from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb transitive, intransitive Used other than as an idiom: see
- verb figuratively, by extension, transitive, US To
raise, to increase(a price).
- verb figuratively, transitive To
stir up( trouble), to cause (a disturbance).
- verb idiomatic, intransitive To show
- verb idiomatic, intransitive, US To function improperly, to show signs of disorder, (of an illness) to flare up.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.