from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of three species of large crab, the red king crab (Paralithodes camtschaticus), the blue king crab (P. platypus), and the golden king crab (Lithodes aequispinus), native to the North Pacific from the Gulf of Alaska to the Sea of Japan and valued commercially for their edible flesh.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A horseshoecrab or Molucca crab; a crustacean of the family Limulidæ and genus Limulus, as L. polyphemus, L. moluccanus, or L. rotundicaudus.
- noun A British decapod crustacean, Maiasquinado, better known as the thornback-crab.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun a highly prized
- noun poker slang a
kingand a threeas a starting hand in Texas hold ’em
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a large spider crab of Europe
- noun large marine arthropod of the Atlantic coast of North America having a domed carapace that is shaped like a horseshoe and a stiff pointed tail; a living fossil related to the wood louse
- noun large edible crab of northern Pacific waters especially along the coasts of Alaska and Japan
- noun meat of large cold-water crab; mainly leg meat
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.