from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun A supporting post extending vertically from a crossbeam to the apex of a triangular truss.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun A central vertical supporting post used in architecture and bridge as well as in aircraft and ship design.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.