from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A distant relative known well enough to be kissed when greeted.
- n. One of two or more things that are closely akin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A relatively distant relative who is familiar enough to be greeted with a kiss.
- n. A similar or related thing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A cousin sufficiently well acquainted to be greeted with a kiss; a type of kissing kin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a more or less distant relative; familiar enough to be greeted with a kiss
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.