from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A particular size of portrait, less than half-length, in which a hand may be shown; a truncated portrait.
- noun The game of tip-cat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Designating a club in London, to which Addison and Steele belonged; -- so called from Christopher Cat, a pastry cook, who served the club with mutton pies.
- adjective Designating a canvas used for portraits of a peculiar size, viz., twenty-eight or twenty-nine inches by thirty-six; -- so called because that size was adopted by Sir Godfrey Kneller for the portraits he painted of the members of the Kitcat Club.
- noun A game played by striking with a stick small piece of wood, called a
cat, shaped like two cones united at their bases; tipcat.
- noun (Agric.), [Prov. Eng.] a roller somewhat in the form of two cones set base to base.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun archaic A
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The portrait was a 'kitcat' of a young gentleman, bravely dressed in the fashion of 1750, and he very faintly remembered some old tales that his father had told him about this ancestor -- tales of the woods and fields, of the deep sunken lanes, and the forgotten country in the west.
Is yu still underdere, kitcat? cumowt, cumowt, itz Toosdai naow.
That he exactly could not tell the worshipfuls but his mother-inwaders had the recipis for the price of the coffin and that he was there to tell them that herself was the velocipede that could tell them kitcat.
Powell, walking for the benefit of her health, in the north shrubberies, and incurring imminent danger of a sun-stroke for the same praiseworthy reason, contrived to pass the lodge, and to see Mr. Conyers lounging, dark and splendid, on the window-sill, exhibiting a kitcat of his handsome person framed in the clustering foliage which hung about the cottage walls.
It must be two pounds for a bust, and three pounds for a kitcat.
And my aunt would like to see the new staircase, and to see a kitcat view of a robin redbreast sitting on her nest in a sawpit, discovered by
C~A Lorim, kitcat 123 … are you a renamed person? or new?
There are so many issues in play, why did they wait to tell about the damn cousin!? oh no kitcat, she's been on camera several times w / Ron & she has very short hair, plus it's a different color, that is a Dollar store special hair piece.
I don't know what ur reaction was when it 1st came out on NG kitcat, my mouth was hanging open.
Lee is the accountant who can funnel the Caylee money properly! as u kitcat, most on this blog r from the same mind set to varying degrees, we all have opinions that differ & from different places but the root of it is heart.