from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A reflex contraction of the quadriceps muscle resulting in a sudden involuntary extension of the leg, produced by a sharp tap to the tendon below the patella; patellar reflex.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of knee-jerk.
- n. Alternative spelling of knee-jerk.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A jerk or forward kick of the lower part of the leg produced by a blow or sudden strain upon the patellar tendon of the knee, which causes a sudden contraction of the quadriceps muscle; the patellar reflex.
- n. emotional and predictable; -- of certain people and their reactions to events.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a reflex extension of the leg resulting from a sharp tap on the patellar tendon
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.