from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A hinged joint in which a pin fastens the ends of two rods, one of which has an eye that fits between the two perforated projections of the other.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun An anatomical joint forming a knuckle, as one of the joints of the fingers; in a whale, the shoulder-joint.
- noun In mech., any flexible joint formed by two abutting links.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a joint of a finger when the fist is closed
- noun a joint allowing movement in one plane only
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.