from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An aboriginal evil spirit; a sorcerer.
- n. An expedition taken to heal or avenge someone afflicted by evil sorcery.
- n. A man chosen to go on such an expedition.
- n. The boots worn by someone on such a mission, typically made from emu feathers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Among the tribes of central Australia, a man chosen to avenge the death of one who has died, every death being supposed to be due to the magic influence of some enemy.
- n. A kind of shoe, made of emu-feathers matted together with human blood, worn by the kurdaitcha when on his errand. See def. 1.
From Arrernte gadaidja. (Wiktionary)