from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state or quality of producing milk, or milky sap.
- n. Resemblance to milk; a milky colour.
- n. The latex of certain plants.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of producing milk, or milklike juice; resemblance to milk; a milky color.
- n. The latex of certain plants. See Latex.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being lactescent; milkiness or milky coloration.
- n. In botany, an abundant flow of juice or sap from a plant when wounded, commonly white, but sometimes yellow or red.
Compare French lactescence. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.