from The Century Dictionary.

  • noun A small gasfurnace heated by a Bunsen jet or burner, and usually provided with a support for a small ladle and a sheet-iron jacket for concentrating the heat upon the ladle: used in shops and laboratories for melting small quantities of easily fusible metals and alloys, as zinc, tin, lead, solder, type-metal, Babbitt metal, etc.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.