from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, pertaining to, or resembling a lake
- adj. of the color of a lake pigment; murky
- adj. transparent; said of blood rendered transparent by the action of some solvent agent on the red blood corpuscles
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to a lake.
- adj. Transparent; -- said of blood rendered transparent by the action of some solvent agent on the red blood corpuscles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Lake-like; of or pertaining to a lake or lakes.
- Resembling a lake (pigment) in color; laked: specifically, noting the change of color of the blood caused by a sudden discharge of hemoglobin into the blood-plasma in consequence of destruction of the erythrocytes.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Passing another romantic hamlet (Northwood) the river approaching its mighty mother, the sea, widens into laky breadth; and here the prospect is almost incomparable.
-- Across the heath, encircled with fences of uncouth stones, stands a stern record of feudal yore; at the next turn peeps the rectory, encircled with old firs, trained fruit trees, and affectionate ivy; beneath yon darkened thickets rolls the lazy Ure, expanding into laky broadness; and, beyond yon western woods, which embower the peaceful hamlet, are seen the
The quaint heptahedral lamps threw splashed shimmers of topaz colour across the laky pavement.
Cardenas said laky was taken to South Austin Hospital for treatment related to heat exposure.
Dude Cori San had a laky panch when he won whit Wlad.