from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.

  • noun Nonturbulent flow of a viscous fluid in layers near a boundary, as that of lubricating oil in bearings.

from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.

  • noun physics A smooth, streamline type of viscous flow in which the fluid behaves as a system of orderly layers, with no eddies or irregular fluctuations.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • noun nonturbulent streamline flow in parallel layers (laminae)


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.