from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An arch that is narrow and pointed like the head of a spear.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A sharp pointed arch used in doors and windows, etc. This type of architecture was peculiar to England in the 13th Century.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a pointed arch, of which the width, or span, is narrow compared with the height.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An arch of which the head is acutely pointed, like the blade of a lancet, and having curves formed by radii centering outside of the arch.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an acutely pointed Gothic arch, like a lance
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.