from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The interval between exposure to an infectious organism or a carcinogen and the clinical appearance of disease.
- n. The interval between stimulus and response.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. One of those periods or resting stages in the development of the ovum, in which development is arrested prior to renewed activity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the time that elapses between a stimulus and the response to it
- n. the time that elapses before the presence of a disease is manifested by symptoms
Sorry, no etymologies found.