from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Nautical The edge of a sail that faces the wind.
- noun The front edge of an airplane propeller blade or wing.
- noun The foremost position in a trend or movement; the vanguard.
- noun Someone or something occupying such a position.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Aeronautics) the front edge of an airfoil; same as
, above. advancing edge
- noun the front edge of anything that moves; also used metaphorically, . See also
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun aeronautics The
frontmostedge of a wingor other airfoilof an aircraft; sometimes contains slotsor slats
- noun by extension The
foremostpart of a trendetc; a vanguard
- noun At the
forefrontof practice or technology, contrast with bleeding edge
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun forward edge of an airfoil
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.