from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Layered fat that encloses the kidneys of a hog, used in making lard.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The layers of fat that support the kidneys of a pig
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the fat which lies in leaves or layers within the body of an animal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fat which occurs in folds or leaves in the body-cavity of an animal such as the ox or hog.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fat lining the abdomen and kidneys in hogs which is used to make lard
From its layered appearance (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.