from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The liberal or radical faction of a group.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Those trying to reform the established order, particularly in political matters, to enhance the condition of the common people; -- sometimes applied to those advocating overthrow of an existing government by radical means.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun politics the more
left-wing factionof a group or party
- noun sports the left-hand side of a sports field
- noun ice hockey the offensive player who plays to the center's left
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun those who support varying degrees of social or political or economic change designed to promote the public welfare
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.