from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition

  • n. Ruled writing paper in tablet form, measuring 8 1/2 by 13 to 16 inches and generally used by attorneys.

from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • adj. See under Cap.
  • n. a kind of folio writing paper, made for the use of lawyers, in long narrow sheets which have the fold at the top or “narrow edge.”


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.