from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In New South Wales, Paraplagusia unicolor, of the family Pleuronectidæ or flatfishes; also, in New Zealand, the New Zealand turbot.
- noun A fish of the family Soleidæ, Solea lascaris.
- noun The smeardab, Hippoglossoides limandoides.
- noun Also
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A European
flatfish, Microstomus kitt
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun important American food fish in the winter
- noun European flatfish highly valued as food
- noun highly valued almost pure white flesh
- noun popular pale brown food flatfish of the Pacific coast of North America
- noun flesh of American flounder; important in the winter
- noun small European sole
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.