from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several widely cultivated ornamental plants of the genus Doronicum native to Eurasia, having rayed, yellow flower heads borne on long stalks.
- n. Any of several similar or related plants.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A name of several harmless plants, as Arnica montana (Arnica acaulis syn. Doronicum acaule), Senecio Doronicum, and Paris quadrifolia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant of the genus Doronicum.
- n. A medicinal plant, Arnica montana.
- n. Same as herb-paris.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of several herbs of the genus Doronicum having alternate often clasping stem leaves cultivated for their long stalks of yellow flower heads
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.