from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. In naval architecture, the curved line cut by a horizontal plane on the surface of the hull. A series of such lines cut by equidistant horizontal water-planes is used to define the form of the vessel in the half breadth plan of the sheer-draft. Also called water-line.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.