from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. A concave metallic mirror attached to the object-glass end of a microscope, to throw down light on opaque objects; a reflector.

from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. An annular reflector attached to the nose of the object-glass of a microscope for bringing the light to a focus on an opaque object.


Sorry, no etymologies found.


    Sorry, no example sentences found.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.