from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A commissioned rank in the US Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps that is above major general and below general.
- noun One who holds this rank.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A military officer ranking in the United States and British armies next below a general.
- noun In the proprietary government of Maryland, the deputy of the proprietor, who acted as governor of the province for him.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun An army officer in rank next below a general and next above a major general.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a general officer ranking above a major general and below a full general
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.