from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A life-support system: a patient on life support.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An artificial system designed to provide oxygen in an environment that lacks oxygen.
- n. A machine that keeps the body of an ill or injured person alive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. medical equipment that assists or replaces important bodily functions and so enables a patient to live who otherwise might not survive
- n. equipment that makes life possible in otherwise deadly environmental conditions
Sorry, no etymologies found.
They reentered the rip in the life support system.
The core was still active, too, and the quick scan Nog did showed that life support and artificial gravity were still functioning, as they were last year when the Defiant rescued Colonel Kira from the Pah-wraith cultists.