from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The name of several plants:
- noun The live-forever, Sedum Telephium.
- noun The American mountain-ash, Sorbus Americana.
- noun The American spikenard, Aralia racemosa.
- noun Tho bush-honeysuckle, Diervilla Diervilla.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun An unarmed woody rhizomatous perennial plant (
Aralia racemosa) distinguished from wild sarsaparilla by more aromatic roots and panicled umbels; it grows from Southeastern North America to Mexico.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun unarmed woody rhizomatous perennial plant distinguished from wild sarsaparilla by more aromatic roots and panicled umbels; southeastern North America to Mexico
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.