from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One of the floating leaves of a water lily.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The round leaf of a water lily, which floats on the surface of the water.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the large floating leaf of the water lily.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The broad leaf of a water-lily, especially as it lies upon the water in its place of growth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. floating leaves of a water lily
Sorry, no etymologies found.