from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To jerk.
- v. To crease; rumple; cause to hang in loose folds.
- v. To become creased or wrinkled.
- n. A crease; rumple; fold.
- n. A fold in the skin; a wrinkle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To jerk.
- To crease; rumple; cause to hang in loose folds.
- n. A crease; a rumple; a fold.
There he turned to the right up a little burnside which led into a lirk in the hill, such as would on the border have been called a "hope."