from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A slatted cage with an opening covered by a funnel-shaped net, used for trapping lobsters.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A trap used to catch lobsters, resembling a crate with a small opening that a lobster can enter but has trouble exiting.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a device used to trap lobsters, consisting of a semi-cylindrical structure made of wooden slats, with openings formed of funnel-shaped nets allowing lobsters to enter, but impeding their exit. It is also called a lobster trap.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A pot or trap for lobsters.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. trap for catching lobsters
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.