from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of mollusks of the family Chitonidæ, or chitons.
- n. A genus of saw-flies of the hymenopterous family Tenthredinidæ and subfamily Lydinæ, having one marginal cell on the fore wings, the male antennæ pectinate, the female serrate, and the lanceolate cell with a cross-vein.
- n. A genus of plant-bugs of the heteropterous family Capsidæ.
- n. A genus of iguanoid lizards.
- n. A genus of terrestrial columbine birds of the subfamily Gourinæ: a synonym of Goura.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.