from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The low gear configuration of a transmission.
- n. A state of minimum activity, energy, or force: The project went into low gear during summer vacation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The lowest gearing available from a gearbox, typically in a motor vehicle or cycle.
- n. One of the lower gearings available from a gearbox, typically in a motor vehicle or cycle.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the lowest forward gear ratio in the gear box of a motor vehicle; used to start a car moving
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.