from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The lowest level of the tide.
- noun The time at which the tide is lowest.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The tide at its lowest level for a particular
tidalcycle at a certain place.
- noun The time of day when the
seahas receded to its lowest level.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun the lowest (farthest) ebb of the tide
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.