from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun People living together as a unit; a household.
- noun The management of a household.
from The Century Dictionary.
- An obsolete variant of
- noun A household; the company of persons living together in a house.
- noun Housekeeping; household management.
- noun 3 (me-naj′ ). A kind of club or friendly society common among the poorer of the working classes of Scotland and the north of England.
- noun A menagerie.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun See
- noun obsolete A collection of animals; a menagerie.
- noun A social group living together; a household.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a social unit living together
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French, from Old French mesnage, alteration (influenced by maisnie, family) of manage, from maneir, to stay, from Latin manēre, to remain; see remain.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Anglo-Norman meinage, maynage, Old French mainage, menage, from mainer ("to stay"); with later influence after French ménage.
Sorry, no example sentences found.