from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A commissioned rank in the US Army, Air Force, or Marine Corps that is above brigadier general and below lieutenant general.
- noun One who holds this rank.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A military officer next in rank below a lieutenant-general.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- An officer of the army holding a rank next above that of brigadier general and next below that of lieutenant general, and who usually commands a division or a corps.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A military
officerin the armies of most nations, typically ranking below a lieutenant generaland above a brigadier.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a general officer ranking above a brigadier general and below a lieutenant general
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.