from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The act of beating into a plate or leaf, as a metal; extension by beating.
- noun Malleability; capability of being shaped by hammering.
- noun In pathology, a convulsive action of one or both hands, which strike the thigh like a hammer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The act or process of beating into a plate, sheet, or leaf, as a metal; extension by beating.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The act or process of
beatinginto a plate, sheet, or leaf, as a metal; extension by beating.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
That the natives possessed this art is placed beyond question by this passage, as well as by the recent discovery of copper implements in Wisconsin, bearing the marks of mechanical fusion and malleation.
The testimony of Champlain in the text, and the examples of moulded copper found in the lake region, render the evidence, in our judgment, entirely conclusive that the art of working copper both by fusion and malleation existed among the