from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See mamey.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A South American fruit tree, Mammea americana
- n. The fruit of this tree
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tropical American tree (Mammea americana) having edible fruit (the mammee apple) with a leathery rind.
- n. The globular or ovoid tropical fruit of the mammee tree (Mammea americana), having a thick russet leathery rind and juicy yellow or reddish flesh.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. globular or ovoid tropical fruit with thick russet leathery rind and juicy yellow or reddish flesh
- n. tropical American tree having edible fruit with a leathery rind
Sorry, no etymologies found.