from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Bot.) A tropical American tree (
Mammea americana) having edible fruit (the mammee apple) with a leathery rind.
- noun The globular or ovoid tropical fruit of the mammee tree (
Mammea americana), having a thick russet leathery rind and juicy yellow or reddish flesh.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A South American fruit tree, Mammea americana
- noun The fruit of this tree
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun globular or ovoid tropical fruit with thick russet leathery rind and juicy yellow or reddish flesh
- noun tropical American tree having edible fruit with a leathery rind
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.