from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A bullfight in which two rival matadors take turns fighting several bulls each.
- noun A face-to-face confrontation or competitive struggle.
- adjective Being or suggestive of a face-to-face encounter or contest.
- adverb In direct competition.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A head-on conflict or direct competition; a
- adjective In close
- adverb Characterized by
head-to-head competitionor conflict.
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Spanish : mano, hand + a, to.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Spanish, literally hand to hand; on equal footing, neither of two participants having any distinct advantage.
Sorry, no example sentences found.