from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A family of net-winged insects, the family Mantispidae.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any neuropterous insect of the genus Mantispa, and allied genera. The larvæ feed on plant lice. Also used adjectively. See Illust. under neuroptera.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of the family Mantispidæ.
- Having the characters of, or belonging to, the neuropterous family Mantispidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. insect that resembles a mantis; larvae are parasites in the nests of spiders and wasps
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.