from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Made of or covered with marble.
- adjective Having streaks of fat.
- adjective Mottled or streaked like marble.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Having veins and cloudings like variegated marbles.
- In zoology, variegated with different colors, like marble; dappled; clouded.
- Having the lean and fat properly blended: applied by butchers to meat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective obsolete Made of, or faced with, marble.
- adjective Made to resemble marble; veined or spotted like marble.
- adjective (Zoöl.) Varied with irregular markings, or witch a confused blending of irregular spots and streaks.
- adjective Having small flecks of fat interspered with the muscle; -- of cuts of meat, especially beef. Such marbling improves the flavor of beef for most people.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Composed of
marble; having a marble exterior.
- adjective Having
- adjective Resembling marble.
- adjective meat Interlaced with fat.
- verb Simple past tense and past participle of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective patterned with veins or streaks or color resembling marble
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.