from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One who works in marble; a quarrier or a cutter of marble.
- noun One who stains or otherwise marks in imitation of marble; especially, one who marbles paper.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun rare One who works upon marble or other stone.
- noun One who colors or stains in imitation of marble.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Someone who works with
Sorry, no etymologies found.
He has been a martial arts instructor, professional paper marbler, advertising copywriter, legal proofreader, writing teacher, website editor, chapbook publisher, and composer.
On the surface of a vat of thin sizing the marbler drops a little of many colors of paint.
Her mother's family worked in publishing at the Riverside Press -- one grandmother was a copy editor; her husband a skilled marbler -- creator of those beautiful colorful wavy designs such as you never see now on the endpages and edges of books.