from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To provide with or be a margin to; border.
- transitive verb To add margin to (a stock portfolio).
- adjective Biology Having a distinct border or edge.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To furnish with a margin or margins.
- Having a margin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Having a margin distinct in appearance or structure.
- transitive verb rare To furnish with a distinct margin; to margin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective mycology, biology With a well marked
- verb To provide with margins.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
#What meaning is conveyed by the term "marginate"?
Eczema, psoriasis, and lupus erythematosus are diseases in which there are distinct _inflammatory symptoms_, such as thickening and infiltration and redness; moreover, psoriasis, and this holds true as to ringworm also, occurs in sharply-defined, circumscribed patches, and lupus erythematosus has a peculiar violaceous tint and an elevated and marginate border.