from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. variegated like marble
- adj. covered or overlaid with marble
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Variegated like marble; covered or overlaid with marble.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- 1. Made like marble, or invested with marble as a covering. Compare marbled, marbleize.
- In botany, traversed with veins as in some kinds of marble.
Latin marmoratus, past participle of marmorate ("to overlay with marble"). (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.