from The Century Dictionary.
- Exhibiting or formed of mascles, or lozenge-shaped plates. Also
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Composed of, or covered with, lozenge-shaped scales; having lozenge-shaped divisions.
- adjective armor composed of small lozenge-shaped scales of metal fastened on a foundation of leather or quilted cloth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Composed of, or covered with,
- adjective Having lozenge-shaped
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
He went home to get some food; and as he cast a last sweeping glance at the beautiful church, remembering the warlike imagery of its details, the buckler-shape of the rose-windows, the sword-blades of the lower lights, the casque and helmet forms of the ogee, the resemblance of some grisaille glass with its network of lead to a warrior's shirt of mascled mail; as, outside, he gazed at one of the two belfries carved into scales like a pine cone -- like scale-armour -- he said to himself that the