from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A key that opens every one of a given set of locks.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A key which opens (masters) many locks so differently constructed that the key proper to each will open none of the others.
- noun Figuratively, a general clue to lead out of many difficulties; a guide to the solution of many questions or doubts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A key designed to open a
setof several locks; a passkey
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun key that secures entrance everywhere
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.