from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A method of scoring golf games by counting only the number of holes won by each side rather than the number of strokes taken.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In golf, play in which the score is reckoned by counting the holes lost or won on either side.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- (Golf) Play in which the score is reckoned by counting the holes won or lost by each side; -- distinguished from
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun golf A scoring system in which points are awarded for each
holewon, as opposed to stroke play.
- noun bowling A
knockoutcompetition between two single bowlers.
- noun sports The playing of a
competitive match, as opposed to trainingand practice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun golf scoring by holes won
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.