from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A method of scoring golf games by counting only the number of holes won by each side rather than the number of strokes taken.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A scoring system in which points are awarded for each hole won, as opposed to stroke play.
- n. A knockout competition between two single bowlers.
- n. The playing of a competitive match, as opposed to training and practice.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Play in which the score is reckoned by counting the holes won or lost by each side; -- distinguished from
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In golf, play in which the score is reckoned by counting the holes lost or won on either side.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. golf scoring by holes won
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.