from The Century Dictionary.
- Consisting of matter; material.
- In metaphysics, united with matter; embodied in matter: said of an Aristotelian form.
- noun A material substance; a thing formed of matter.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective obsolete Consisting of matter.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective obsolete Consisting of
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
History, 'wherein he says, "And besides I practice as I do advise; which is, after long inquiry of things immersed in matter, to interpose some subject which is immateriate or less materiate; such as this of sounds: to the end that the intellect may be rectified and become not partial."